Monday, August 31, 2015

FOR JEFF! by MarkMetternich


Workshops Post Processing Video Tutorials

 PLEASE VIEW ON BLACK This photo is dedicated to Jeff Swanson. An incredible, loving and generous photographer who passed away about a year ago of Melanoma. If you are interested in raising awareness or supporting the fight against Melanoma please check the links below. This year, partially due to avoiding the unusually hot weather in the Pacific Northwest as well as too much forest fire smoke, I had the great privilege of spending about 2 straight months on the Pacific Coastline from the top of the Olympic Coastline down through the sublime Oregon Coast and the Northern California Coast. Here on 2 separate attempts, I scrambled and climbed down a cliffy area about 500 feet to the beach and at the lowest tide got out on a sea-stack rock to get stranded all night. I played guitar and took 15 minute naps amid the violent waves all around me. One of the funnest times I have had taking a photo. :) As always Alex Noriega has been my main go to guy for processing feedback, as well as who I refer people to when I am not able to teach Post Processing via Skype, because of my rigerous travel schedule. Support the Melanoma Research Foundation JEFF via 500px

No comments:

Post a Comment