Monday, August 31, 2015

For Jeff by ArturStanisz


!Please view on black to appreciate the details! I took this photo one night near my campsite on Turner Glacier located on Baffin Island in Nunavut, Canada. The mountain visible on the photo remained unnamed for a long time as I had problems identifying it. Only recently, I was able to find out its name: Loki Mountain. From the moment that I stepped on the Turner Glacier this mountain caught my attention. At first I only saw its apex. Then, as I was hiking through the glacier, the mountain was growing slowly showing more and more of its shape. It took many hours before I could see its entire face. Even though on this photo it might appear small, in reality Loki Mountain is a granite pyramid that is almost 1000 metres high. I am not exactly sure why, but during these few days that I spent near it, a lot of good light was happening around this mountain. The night I took this photo was no exception. The aurora was dancing above the peak as if it had some sort of a magnetic power. The crack featured in the foreground is an actual crevasse. I also had a chance to explore and photograph it from the inside. While I was fighting with cold weather and strong winds on Baffin Island a fellow photographer, Jeff Swanson was battling the biggest fight. Unfortunately, he lost it. So here it is for you Jeff Swanson ((http://ift.tt/1Kmy8QL). For all willing to help/donate for the cause , please visit this site: Melanoma Research Foundation http://ift.tt/1Kmy96Z via 500px

No comments:

Post a Comment