Friday, July 31, 2015

Pilgrimage I by AlisterBenn


More and more these, days, especially with the power of the internet to send our images around the world in seconds, we see shots from iconic areas more and more. This makes more people want to go there, and we see even more shots. I have no problem with this - as long as the beautiful places are preserved for our kids and grandkids and all the generations to follow in our footsteps when we're gone. As photographers though I think we should try and step beyond pure reportage and attempt to be expressive about the experience we had there. This is the black and white rendition of quite a famous color shot of mine of a tremendous sunrise over Mt Assiniboine. I feel this version is far more timeless and less about the moment and more about the place. I hope you enjoy. via 500px

No comments:

Post a Comment