Sunday, May 31, 2015

Swirls of Inspiration by Pcoskun


This location in the southwest was one of the most unique and incredible areas I have ever visited. Between the bizzare rock formations and varied colors in the rocks themselves, it was almost difficult trying to find something worthwhile to photograph. At one moment, I felt a little uninspired. While this area is indeed amazing, wandering around during the mid day sun does not make the landscape look very appealing. However, I took note of these swirls in the stones and watched as clouds began to move in. I walked back to this location hoping the clouds would be right over and create enough interesting patterns to contrast with the swirling rocks. I knew it was going to be a perfect candidate for a black and white image and imediatly got my inspiration and excitement back. Just minutes later, the skies cleared apart and left big blue skies above. Luckily, the clouds reappeared just in time for sunset... via 500px

No comments:

Post a Comment