Wednesday, April 1, 2015

The veins of the fjord by vaisbruno Add me http://ift.tt/1lNlcrl



This was taken during a 10 day trek across the Norway fjords with Arild Heitmann. I think it is the most frustrating and most rewarding shot I've taken in a long time. It's a 3 horizontal stitch from a 17 TS lens, constantly adjusting the shutter speed to get the wave and cloud action I wanted. The sun never quite made it above the ridge, it kind of moved horizontally and lit up clouds to my right as it came up. It did give me what I wanted though, and that in spades. But... if you want the recipe for this, here's how it's done: first you forget to bring a remote control, and then you spend about 50 shots shooting with the 2s delay and trying to predict wave action 2s ahead. Then you punch the camera (multiple times, but I lost count here, so you'll just have to wing it), be careful don't hit the lens too hard, cheap it ain't. Then you say '@#$k the 2s delay', switch to continuous shooting and fire 70 more shots, all the while shifting the lens up and down to keep the light constant throughout all shots. Then, you go back home and you discover you actually got it right in the shot #17, and that part where you threw the tripod to the ground was completely unnecessary. So here it is, in a nutshell. ..oh.. I almost forgot.. I finally cracked under pressure and I joined Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment