Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Lure of Sol Duc Falls by dansherman Add me http://ift.tt/1fqSViy



My second time visiting this waterfall. It can be a tough one to shoot. When we first arrived here in the late afternoon, the sun was shining right on the falls just clearly ruining any chance for a long exposure. There were some scattered clouds occasionally blocking out the sun, but not for long enough to get any shots. My wife and I hung around here for an hour or so waiting for the light to change, but it just kept on shining! So, we started to hike down until a few big clouds started to block out the sun. I decided I wanted to go back...so we turned around and hiked back to this scene. The light was perfect! Persistence paid off!...this time! This was a blend at various exposure/ISO settings to allow the sun rays to look as I saw them while preventing a dark foreground and blurry foliage. Perfect mindshot!

No comments:

Post a Comment