Saturday, February 1, 2014

Reef Puka II by konaloha



Reef Puka shot near Keahole Point on the Big Island of Hawaii. Desiring a slightly different take on a subject which I usually shoot after the sun has set, I wanted to capture the golden light on the reef just as the sun was hitting the horizon. The difficulty lay in balancing the exposure so that the puka itself was not in total darkness while maintaining a shutter speed slow enough to capture the water movement. Shot while I was literally hanging over the edge of the puka - tweaking controls to keep pace with the fast-changing light, blocking the lens from spray, and praying I didn’t get swept over the ledge! I was surprised to find I liked the image SOOC requiring only subtle PP work. Hope you enjoy the photo as much as I did creating it. Mahalo for looking…

No comments:

Post a Comment