Friday, January 31, 2014

Break on Through by MasonCummings



Please view on black. Ama Dablam, 22,493 ft. (6,856 m), as seen from Kala Patthar, 18,514' (5,643 m). This particular evening was the highlight of our 21 day trek through the Everest region of Nepal. We hiked up Kala Patthar for sunset to see the full moon rise over Mount Everest. It was a rare calm evening and the views were unlike anything I've ever seen. Fortunately turned my camera away from Everest for a moment to take some shots of Ama Dablam -- a lower, but much sexier peak when all is said and done. The aplenglow in the Himalayas is simply unreal, especially from a vantage point like Kala Patthar. I've been working obsessively on improving my workflow over the past month or so, and I finally feel like I'm beginning to get it dialed in. Video tutorials by Chip Phillips and Sean Bagshaw have been an instrumental part of my learning process, and a one-on-one session with Alex Noriega provided the much-needed breakthrough I've been looking for. Alex and I worked on a different image together earlier this week, and then I jumped right into this one with some of the techniques I learned during our session. The patterns upon patterns in the snow made this by far the most intricate and detailed image I've ever worked on. I hope you enjoy looking at it even a fraction as much as I enjoyed making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment