Wednesday, September 14, 2016

As the Crow Flies by PerriSchelat


Landmannalaugur from the air. I took a trip to Iceland that was planned around 7 hours of flight time for aerial photography. I have always found the shots from Landmannalaugur to be fascinating while still partially covered with snow. The landscape patterns are very interesting. The aerial portion of the trip was very challenging. It was my first time, but I wasn't really fearful, I was just happy we had a chance to fly. We ended up doing all 7 hours in one day, the only day in 10 days that had clearer weather. Aerial photography is very freeing. You can really let your creativity flow while pointing and shooting and trying to remember not to fall out of the doors off helicopter. I was slightly worried about the rather primitive security measure used to keep us from accidentally releasing our seatbelt..... electrical tape wrapped around the buckle :) The river deltas were really flooded due to the overabundance of rain. They look different all the time depending on weather conditions. It was a cool experience that I'd like to try again. via 500px

No comments:

Post a Comment